How Long Does It Take To Train To Be A Celebrant?Sep 12, 2022
If you are considering a career in celebrancy, you might be asking yourself some very important questions before taking the plunge. Such questions might be, how much does it cost to become a celebrant? Do I need qualifications to become a celebrant? And, how long does it take to complete celebrancy training?
Before we answer your questions - which we are very eager to do - we think it’s a good idea for you to take our quiz. The quiz is designed to tell you whether or not celebrancy is the right path for you. Take the quiz by clicking here.
What Does Celebrancy Training Entail?
Anyone can become a celebrant. But not everybody should. The best celebrants out there are people who possess the necessary skills, knowledge and traits for the job. There is so much to learn about becoming a celebrant. There are many nuances to the job, as well as additional learning in business setup, managing money and marketing.
Numerous training organisations and programmes exist, so you are not short on options. With the International College of Professional Celebrants (ICPC), training is as follows:
- You start by signing up for the residential or online training course here.
- Once you have made your payment and had your place accepted, you will prepare to go to High Trenhouse in Yorkshire, where training will take place.
- You will receive all the information for the course ahead of its commencement.
- You will arrive at High Trenhouse on the Sunday evening. You will settle into your own bedroom, enjoy the grounds and get to know your peers.
- You will commence your training on Monday morning at 9am. Your training will finish on the Friday at 3.30pm.
- Throughout the week you will learn about all aspects of celebrancy including weddings, vow renewals, baby naming and funerals. Many training providers only train in one or the other, but we think learning about all works best.
How Long Does It Take To Train As A Celebrant?
Celebrancy training time depends on which organisation you choose to train with. Some will claim to have you trained up in a matter of hours. But these routes are not thorough and do not give you as many skills and tools as you would learn with ICPC.
With ICPC, training lasts 5 days, but you can then enjoy an ICPC membership and complete ongoing training programmes in various topics, including marketing and business development.
We Build A Family of Celebrants
If you are searching for a one-off stand alone celebrancy course that you can complete in a few hours, then this is not the course for you. If, however, you are looking for an ongoing relationship with a community of celebrants, and hoping to continually learn and grow as a celebrant, ICPC could be the best training programme for you.
So, let’s see if we’re a good fit! Get in touch with us today at [email protected] .